As part of our continuing series on Kate inspired Christmas Gift Guides (If you missed our first entry with A Petite Princess yesterday, click here) today I’m going to share with you what’s on my gift guide inspired by HRH The Duchess of Cambridge herself.
Unlike many other Kate Gift Guides, I’m specifically going to share smaller, practical things I think the Duchess would love but hasn’t been seen using- things that I adore and would love to find in my stocking on Christmas morning. May I present to you the top things I’d like to find under the Christmas tree this year.
From Top Left:
- Personalized Pencils from Great Little Trading Company (£10 from GLTC.com) : I don’t know what it is about having your very own name splashed upon a pencil that makes you feel like you could just write the next great novel (or just have a ridiculously amazing organized office) but I can’t resist these
- Huge Big Warm Chunky Blanket (Unknown) : Apparently this image is the Pinterest equivalent of a black hole- hundreds of re-pins but no mention of the source. I would love to have a big thick chunky blanket like this so I could wrap it around me on a chilly wintery Sunday while reading a book in front of the fire… Sounds so romantic, no? You can find similar styles at Loopy Mango on Etsy.
- Gold Pig PiggyBank from Velocity Art and Design ($200) : In uncertain economic times, even Princesses need to stash a few pennies away for a rainy day. Why not do it in something that you can display in your house and that does double duty as art?
- Tiffany Smart Zip Wallet in Tiffany Blue ($325) : In honour of Tiffany and Co. celebrating their 175th Anniversary and that more and more people are carrying around less in their wallets, this is an amazing combination of practicality and style- plus since I stick my cellphone into my non-cellphone-pocket-wallet currently, I’m kind of asking for it
- Diptyque Votive Candle Trio -Baies, Figuier, Roses ($84 from BeautyBar) : I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I adore Diptyque’s scents and it was the Figuier candle which I first became infatuated with… To the point where I actually used to visit the store near me which sold them on a weekly basis just to smell one. (Yes, I have since bought one)
- Smythson Runway Textured Notebook (£80 from Net-A-Porter) : I love to travel, love Smythson and love the elegance which oozes from carrying around a little black book in your bag- what’s not to love about this little gem?
- Anthropologie Metropolis Calendar ($24 from Anthropologie.com) : Adorable vintage/retro style pictures of global cities at their prime and featuring their top landmarks. Whether you have big plans to travel in 2013 or just want to look back fondly at places you’ve been, it would be a great way to spice up your office.
- Personalized Luggage Tags : Seems I have the travel bug in mind (especially odd since I’m currently focused on buying an overnight bag and have no plans for a long trip, hmmmm) but these personalized luggage tags are a great way to make your black bag stand out at the airport luggage carousel.
- Fuchsia Hunter Boots ($140 +, Amazon) : As I’ve attested, my wardrobe is mainly black, navy, grey and white. It makes sense that I throw in a bright pop of color every now and again in the form of these amazing boots which would make me cross my fingers and toes hoping for rain!
These can all be found at my Pinterest Board (along with others) if you’re interested. 86UN9R6S9TDJ