With Valentine’s Day upon us in a fortnight, what better way to show your love than to give them the gift of chocolate? Kate is a huge fan of the legendary cook/baker Mary Berry, and William is a huge fan of brownies, so why not combine the two and make your loved ones smile!
Mary Berry’s Chocolate Brownies:
- 12 x 9 baking pan
- 10 oz butter (softened)
- 13 oz caster sugar (superfine sugar)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 oz cocoa powder
- 4 oz of self-rising flour (must be self-rising, regular won’t do!)
- 4 oz of plain chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut a rectangle of non-stick baking parchment paper to fit the base and sides of the tin. Grease the tin and then line it with the paper, pushing it neatly into the corners.
- Measure all the ingredients in a large bowl, and mix with a hand-held electric mixer until evenly blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, scraping the sides of the bowl with a plastic spatula to remove all of it. Spread the mixture gently to the corners of the tin and level the surface with the back of the spatula.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes, until the brownies have a crusty top and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.Cover loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes if the mixture is browning too much. Allow the brownies to cool in the tin and then cut into 24 squares. Store in an airtight tin .
I have to say I was skeptical at first as I have only ever made brownies from a mix, but these were hands down the BEST brownies I have ever made and they were so simple to make. I can see why Kate and William are such fans. They were as every brownie should be, crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside. They say the key to the heart is through the stomach, so whomever you make these for will be yours for life!
Got Something to Say?