Summer is approaching and one of my favorite things to eat is salmon. Not only is it light and easy to make, it is extremely good for you. With Kate being very health conscious, it is said that salmon is one of her favorite things to eat too! The recipe I tried is from Gordon Ramsay and it was absolutely delicious. I paired mine with some easy roasted potatoes and asparagus but any side dish will do.
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- First, remove the skin with a sharp knife and check carefully for pin-bones, pulling out any that are left over using kitchen tweezers. Then, place the fillets side by side in a shallow dish.
2. Next up is the marinade. Mix the ingredients together in a bowl, then pour over the salmon to coat it. Leave the fillets to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes – this will allow the flavors to permeate.
3. Heat the oven to 450F. Lift the salmon from the marinade and place it on an oiled baking tray. Bake for about 6 minutes, basting after 2 minutes. When it’s done, the fish should feel slightly springy when pressed.
I myself cut the recipe in half to make only two salmon fillets, and I also let the fish marinate in the refrigerator for an hour to let that yummy sauce really soak in. The recipe says to bake the fish for 6 minutes, but I prefer my fish more well done so feel free to cook to your desired temperature. Bon appetit!